The Streaming Media Service (SMS) is a hosted service which allows University staff with an account to upload video and audio content to the University Information Services' (UIS) streaming web servers. This enables them to save on unnecessary effort and cost which is inherent in maintaining a dedicated media-streaming server.
Once uploaded, content owners maintain full control over who can view their media, and can easily embed the streaming media into their own websites. In addition, content can be browsed and viewed by the public worldwide – or restricted to a sub-set of individual Cambridge users – via the Streaming Media Service web page.
Key features of the SMS:
- automatically converts audio and video to best-suited formats and resolutions for distribution over the internet
- will continue to maintain videos in new formats
- allows easy embedding of audio and video into web pages using cut-and-paste code snippets and the <oEmbed> method.
- responsive design built-in: videos will scale to suit the browser window size and embed effortlessly into other web pages
- collections of media can be affiliated to a University institution, making it easier for end users to browse within the University's collection
- generates detailed statistics
- comes with local technical support
At present the Streaming Media Service does not charge for bandwidth or storage.
UIS reserves the right to make the service chargeable, but there will be no back-dated bills for using the service.
Staff can apply for an account by visiting the SMS Registration page. Once registered, content can be uploaded at any time and will be prepared for use over the internet.
For staff, requests should be processed quickly during working hours. Some users may not be registered as staff on UIS systems, and in these cases processing the request may take longer.
Most questions and answers are listed on the SMS FAQ page. If the answer to your question is not available, please contact the support team.
Tel: 01223 (3)34728
(for opening times, please see Supported Service Hours)
This service is available to use/access 24/7.
Support is offered during normal working hours, typically:
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm